


We have just returned from a wonderful trip to China. Melanie and Puyol were wonderful hosts. They have a beautiful home and treated us so royally, taking us from place to place via their driver (in traffic even Steve would have a hard time negociating). The places we visited were so amazing. China is such a combination of the old traditional next to the new and modern. We started at the Bang home in Shanghai, shopped, ate at fabulous places and saw the sights, traveled together to Xian to view the terra-cotta warriors and then Bruce and Jan, Steve and I traveled by overnight train to Beijing. We stood on Tiananmen Square, walked miles it seemed through the Forbidden City, drove by the Olympic Stadium, and then the highlight: climbing the great wall of China! It is an unbelieveable feat of the achievement of men and also such an amazing experience. We ate wonderful food everywhere we went, showing only the slightest resemblence to the Chinese food we eat here in the U.S. This was a trip we will always remeber as one of our greatest experiences. It was fun to share it with family.
5 comments:
Wow! What a trip you guys had. You saw so many wonderful things. Maybe someday we will be able to go over there. Look at all of world travelers in this family. The farthest I've gotten is New York. Someday I'll be able to venture out further. I love seeing all those photos. Makes you feel like you are there in a small sense.
I can't wait to hear more about it because all we've been talking about since you guys got back is the interview of death! I will call you tomorrow on the way home from work. The pictures are great.
I am glad you are home though because I missed you too much...
Oh, and Emily don't feel bad. I live in PA and I've never been to New York, so I'm still jealous of your travels :)
Go Linda, you figured out how to post pictures! I agree with everything you said. It was an amazing trip. I will add pictures later (lots of pictures). I checked my vase out and I appreciate it's beauty even more, I'll also take a photo of it. So how was your interviews Heidi? We heard all about it, and I am anxious to hear how it went and if you met with all those people. Also how is Gary's new job going? Blake Cecil (Kori's husband) just started a new job, I don't know much about it yet. Kori will have to tell us about it. I'm doing ok with the jet lag, although I should be sleeping right now. Bruce is having a harder time with it. I watched the whole DVD that Paul made and loved it all. Thanks Bang's!!
I mean how were your interviews? I really need sleep.
Jan, I am struggling with the jet lag but I'm anxious to see some pictures that you will choose to post and other details I left out.
Post a Comment