Before we left for Iraq we decided to put our belongings into storage to save money. Since we were sent home earlier than planned I started looking for a place to live before we left Iraq. On the second day of being back in the states I was house hunting all day. We found a house with a great back yard for my dog and finally moving in this weekend I am so excited. We have been in a hotel room since we got back and I can't wait to have my own bed back.
I know what the military has taught me, don't take the small things for granted. Your own bed, taking a shower by yourself and just being able to spend time with family. Even though my husband and I are sent to the same location for deployments we really can't act like we are married. We are not allowed to live together, hold hands, hug or even kiss. So I try not to take even the smallest thing for granted.
4 comments:
It must be tough to not act like husband and wife! I am glad to hear you are home...and that you HAVE a home, too. That must have been some devoted house hunting if you found something acceptable so quickly. Lucky you! Keep in touch, let's e-mail like we used to! My school account got closed so now it's sidonnamay@gmail.com.
<3 you!
This weekend we helped Jen and Rhinnaldi move into their house. It is so cute and Akeera loved the yard!! She was like a little kid and ran and ran. I'm sure she was exhausted. They seem to live in a nice neighborhood. Jen takes after me, since she was thrilled to have lots of flower beds and was already planning them out. She'll get lots of advice from me and Alexes (Bernie's girlfriend). She works at a greenhouse. We're glad that they found a great house and are safe in Mt. Home!! Love ya, sissy.
It is so fun to see pictures of everyone. We are all glad that you are back safe! How fun to be in a new home!
Very interesting... how frustrating it must have been, not to be able to be with you husband in Iraq, especially when he was there also. I am so glad you are back in Idaho and in a new home. Best of luck. Your dog is really cool.
Post a Comment